I learn. I teach. I develop. I mentor and challenge individuals and teams to build competency and capacity, build systems and processes for success, and strategically facilitate amazing results both on time and under budget … and that’s just the beginning.
GROWTH IN PRACTICE AND LEADERSHIP
Vice President of Curriculum Development
Glynlyon, Inc 2009-Present
- Expanded, developed, mentored, and managed an electronic content and media team to develop, support, and maintain content creation needs for institutional and consumer markets – both secular and Christian affinity.
- Created and documented pedagogical design specifications, processes, and systems to successfully deliver and support curriculum materials – on time and under budget.
- Negotiated and authored contracts and statements of work for independent contractors, editorial services vendors, and SAS providers.
- Commissioned and actively worked cross-functionally on strategic research and development including Virtual Reality, internal development toolsets, customer tools and features, reusable learning objects, individualized learning plans, and projects with cross-functional dependencies.
- Provided strategic guidance to Senior Leadership (and eventually to Product Management Leadership) on a wide variety of topics including, educational research, school implementation planning, product road map, academic standards and initiatives, and vendor partnerships.
- Managed and reported on budgets up to $5.6M.
Odysseyware, Inc. 2004-2009
- Built, developed, mentored, and managed curriculum development team of subject matter experts, media developers, project/developmental editors, and other support personnel to develop, support, and maintain content for the secular market.
- Negotiated and authored contracts and statements of work for independent contractors, editorial services vendors, and service providers as needed.
- Reviewed content materials for quality and provided developmental editorial support as needed.
- Developed the skills to do the work of every role within the department – including media development and XML coding.
- Acted as on-air video talent and provided voice over services as needed.
- Provided sales and implementation support via product documentation, direct customer interaction, development of request for proposal content.
- Provided strategic guidance to the Senior Leadership Team on a wide variety of topics including, educational research, school implementation planning, product road map, academic standards and initiatives, and vendor partnerships.
The Curriculum Store, Inc. 1999-2004
- Designed, authored, developed, and delivered (web via HTML and print) multimedia content materials (text. Flash, still images, video, and audio) both as work-for-hire and for subscription sales.
- Supported materials via professional development at conferences and with marketing materials.
Insight Learning Foundation 2001-2002
- Prepared and provided on-site, hands-on professional development for schools implementing use personality/learning styles data in instructional design practices to meet the needs of students.
- Authored copy for newsletter.
Teacher in Multi-age Classroom
Noah Webster Basic Charter School 2000-2001
- Taught all subjects in a homogeneously leveled, multiage classroom (ages 8-11).
- Created a safe student environment conducive for learning in support of a class that had started the year with a lack of consistent classroom discipline and order.
- Provided standards-based feedback to parents in an inaugural year for state testing.
Digital Concepts, Inc. (DCI) 2000
- Provided academic support for entrepreneurial development efforts for an educational materials database.
- Supported sales efforts and investment strategies.
Educational Management Group (EMG) 1995-2000
- Provided on-site, customized consulting and implementation services for educational technology integration.
- Conducted planned and on-demand professional development via satellite.
- Created and edited support materials to support live satellite, video and computer integration.
- Designed and presented exemplar lessons for video and technical integration grades K-12.
- Supported secondary educators in the implementation and inclusion of CD Rom and online content.
- Collaborated with sales and technology teams to meet customer needs.
Sidney City Schools 1992-1995
- Taught all elementary subjects in Literature-based/Inquiry classroom.
- Served on various district committees, including Technology.
Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools 1990-1992
- Taught all elementary subjects in an inner-city classroom.
- Participated in a multimedia pilot project with Educational Management Group.
BSEd, Elementary Education 1986-1990
Summa Cum Laude
Budgeting and Reporting
Oral and Written Communication
- Agile Development Methodologies
- Management Academy
- Blended and Personalized Learning
- Depth of Knowledge
- Teacher Clarity/Learning Progressions
- Design for Behavior Change
- Design for Digital Games
- Curriculum Mapping
- Project Discovery Inquiry Science (Life Sciences)
- Talents Unlimited (Higher Order Thinking)
- Portfolio/Alternative Assessment
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL INTERESTS AND GROWTH AREAS
- Career and Technical Education
- Coding/Computer Science
- Culturally Relevant Instruction
- Maker Spaces
- Project-based Learning